John Riccione, Bill Serritella and Brianna M. Skelly from Taft Stettinius & Hollister are joined by Hugh Kinast, Senior Corporate Counsel, The Sherwin Williams Company to present "UCC Warranties & Remedies," for the Association of Corporate Counsel on August 11, 2016.
This is the third in a series of seminars on the topic of commercial transactions under the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC). The first was a basic introduction into UCC 2-206 and the formation of contracts. The second focused on the UCC’s “Battle of the Forms.” The third installment will provide an overview of the first two, plus a focus on Warranties and Remedies under the UCC. There is no need to have attended the first two in order to benefit greatly from this latest presentation. CLE credit will be offered.
- Overview of the UCC’s treatment of Terms and Conditions
- Recap of the UCC’s Battle of the Forms
- Focus on the UCC’s Warranties and Remedies provisions
- Magic Language for Buyers
- Magic Language for Sellers
- Warranty Disclaimers
- Limitation/Exclusion of Remedies