Stephen R. Auten will present “Streamlining Section 271(e) and Safe Harbor,” at American Conference Institute’s 4th Annual Paragraph IP Disputes Master Symposium on September 20 in Chicago. The session will cover the following topics:
- Comparing the Federal Circuit’s latest ruling in Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc. v. Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc., Nos. 2014-1274, 2014-1277 (Fed. Cir. 2015) (“Momenta II”) with Momenta I: Identifying the boundaries of the safe harbor provision
- Reviewing the applicability of the safe harbor provision to research tool patents
- Determining who owns the intellectual property
- Posturing when you need a license vs. when you fall within the safe harbor
- Evaluating who to ask for a license in multiple-inventor situations
More information and registration here.