Kicking off the second day of the Annual Ohio Tax Course on August 10, Stephen M. Nechemias will welcome the attendees and provide an overview of the schedule of events. He will then join a panel discussing “Ohio Pass-Through Entity Taxation: Focus on Audit Activity,” which will cover:
- Insights from ODOT on hot issues
- The application of unitary principles to combine pass-through entities for computing nonresident credit
- Municipal taxation of S Corporations
J. Donald Mottley will participate in Friday’s panel at 10:15 am titled, “Ohio Municipal Income Tax Reform: Frustrated with Ohio’s Current System?” The hour-long panel will discuss:
- Ohio’s economic disadvantage
- How to secure revenue-neutral changes to ensure uniformity of tax issues except local tax and reciprocity credit rates
In addition to Taft attorneys, featured guest speakers at the seminar are Ohio’s Energy Czar, Dave Mustine; Joe Testa, Ohio’s Tax Commissioner; and Fred Nicely, Council on State Taxation (COST).
The seminar is managed by Manufacturers’ Education Council and is sponsored by the Ohio Chamber of Commerce and Ohio Department of Taxation. For more information and to register online, visit www.MECSeminars.com (under taxation).