Peter S. Nealis, partner in the Cleveland office of Taft, is presenting to members of the Northern Ohio Minority Business Counsel at its Lunch and Learn program on September 27. His topic is Accelerating Your Success: Overcoming Challenges Faced by Early and Growth-Stage Businesses.
His presentation will cover:
1. Choice of legal entity
2. Common investment structures, deal points, and legal issues
3. Potential capital sources (local incubators and other programs)
4. What Venture Capital firms and sophisticated investors are looking for
5. Legal documents every business should have
6. Exit strategies (sale, recapitalization, IPO, etc.)
The Northern Ohio Minority Supplier Development Council (NOMSDC) is a 501 (C) (3) privately funded, non-profit business organization, formed in 1998 by major corporations committed to fostering a business environment which promotes access and opportunity for minority owned businesses. The national network as a whole offers minority owned companies access to over 3,500 corporations nationwide and conversely, national corporations have access to a database of over 16,000 certified minority owned companies.