- Type: Seminar
- Presented by: Taft's Government Contracts Group and Kalbian Hagerty LLP
- Speakers: Barbara Duncombe and Suzanne Sumner
- Location: Metropolitan Club 1700 H Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20006
Navigating Compliance in the Obama Administration - Washington, D.C.
Taft partners Barbara Duncombe and Suzanne Sumner will provide an overview of the top 10 laws/regulations impacting government contractors and subcontractors since January 2009, how they impact your organization and what you have to do to comply and/or protect your company.
Specific topics will include the following:
• "significant improper payments" as defined by the government;
• new reporting requirements for executive compensation and subcontractor data;
• employment-related changes, e.g., E-verify, the Franken Amendment, NLRA Rights Notice requirements and expanded Whistleblower protections; and
• recent amendments to the False Claims Act.
In addition, the presenters will provide a brief overview of proposed or pending regulations that may make compliance more difficult, such as the proposed rule to withhold contractor payments when the government decides the contractor has a "defective business system."
Who should attend: Anyone who works with or receives federal funding in the form of prime contracts, subcontracts, grants or loans and needs to understand the additional compliance requirements imposed through law and regulation under the Obama Administration.
Cost to attend: The cost to attend is $35, or $25 for government employees. Checks should be made payable to “Taft” and should be submitted the morning of the seminar.
Please register by Tuesday, November 9, 2010. Contact Jennifer Mixson at 513.357.9480 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
In This Article
You May Also Like
Webinar | Cross-Atlantic Equity Plans: Trends & Best Practices for 2023 Technology Webinar Series: How To Avoid a Digital Transformation Relationship Trainwreck