Taft attorneys Jeffrey A. Mullins and Jessica A. Lordi will present “Crucial Updates to Employee Handbooks” at the Miami Valley Human Resource Association (MVHRA) Professional Development Workshop on Feb. 9.
Topics will include:
- Learn about key changes in the laws that could affect the legality of your handbook provisions this year.
- Review the steps to make the necessary changes to your handbook’s leave and attendance policies, equal employment opportunity provisions, reasonable accommodation policies, health insurance and benefit sections and provisions affected by the Supreme Court’s same-sex marriage decision.
- Revisit your social media and internet usage policies with an in-depth tutorial on how to develop and maintain a lawful policy in a constantly changing field.
- Consider changes to your handbook that may be required by recent developments related to wage and hour laws.
- Learn about best practices in drafting your handbook, provisions that should be included, the essential elements for each provision and how all of the above will help you avoid unnecessary legal entanglements.
Click here to register. Questions? Contact LaTonia McCane at firstname.lastname@example.org.