Taft partner Julia B. Meister will participate in a daylong seminar/webcast/simulcast event on Sept. 2 on the topic of “Guardianships.” This Ohio State Bar Association program will target some of the important issues guardianship law practitioners face, including types of guardianships, post-appointment estate planning, fiduciary relationships, defending advance directives and an overview of the guardianship process. Presenters will also discuss the types of guardianships and conservatorships available, as well as estate planning and ethical considerations. The program will bring together attorneys from across Ohio to share various points of view on the latest guardianship issues.
Meister is one of three presenters who will deliver information on the impact of Rule 66 changes. Meister will specifically cover Rule 66.09 - Responsibilities of Guardian to Ward. She will address the rule’s provisions regarding:
- Professionalism, Character and Integrity
- Exercising Due Diligence
- The Ward’s Support System
- Communication with the Ward
- Monitoring and Coordinating Services and Benefits
- Extraordinary Medical issues
- End of Life Decisions
The seminar will be conducted live-in-person and via webcast from the OSBA headquarters at 1700 Lake Shore Drive, Columbus, Ohio. It will also be live via simulcast in the following four locations:
- Akron: John S. Knight Center
- Cleveland: Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Dayton: Sinclair Conference Center
- Perrysburg: Hilton Garden Inn
The seminar/webinar awards 6.0 total CLE hours. Click here to register.