Taft partner Bruce J.L. Lowe will be a guest faculty presenter at the NBI seminar “Retail, Office and Restaurant Leases: Key Provisions and Warranties,” which will take place on Sept. 16 from 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. The seminar will provide information on how to pave the road to a fruitful landlord-tenant relationship.
Lowe’s presentation concerns default/remedies provisions. He will cover:
• Security deposit vs. letter of credit vs. guarantor.
• Security deposit burn-off provisions.
• Termination vs. dispossession – any difference in remedy?
• Landlord’s duty to mitigate damages.
• Exculpatory clauses.
• Personal property vs. fixture.
• Impact of bankruptcy on leases.
• Eviction and jury trial waivers.
This course has been approved by the Ohio Supreme Court Commission on Continuing Legal Education for 6.0 CLE credit hours.
A trusted provider of continuing legal education and training since 1983, National Business Institute (“NBI”) is dedicated to providing practical, skill-based CLE seminars and online CLE courses that apply to the daily work of professionals. From national webcasts to in-person seminars, it offers the full gamut of training formats for continuing legal education preferences.