- Type: Seminar
- Presented by: Indianapolis Labor & Employment Practice Group
- Speakers: Ann Mackey, Cathie Reese
- Location: Indianapolis Marriott North Hotel 3645 River Crossing Blvd, Indianapolis, IN 46240
Labor & Employment Breakfast Briefing
Taft’s Labor & Employment Law Department
Invites you to a Complimentary Update
Thursday, June 3, 2010
Indianapolis Marriott North Hotel
3645 River Crossing Blvd, Indianapolis, IN
8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Registration Begins at 7:45 a.m.
Continental Breakfast Provided
This seminar will discuss the impact of the health care reform act on employers, focusing primarily on its impact over the next two years.
Ann Mackey and Cathie Reese will review the new federal statutes enacted in March 2010 and subsequent formal and informal guidance issued by the Department of Health and Human Services, the Internal Revenue Service and the Department of Labor and discuss:
- health reform programs that are newly available for employers in 2010, including the small business tax credit and early retirement reinsurance program;
- requirements that will apply to group health plans beginning in late 2010 or 2011; and
- group health plan requirements and potential employer penalties that will become effective a few years down the road -- especially in 2014.
A primary focus will be the grandfather provisions that apply to group health plans that were in place when the health reform legislation was enacted. In addition to identifying the exemptions and delayed effective dates applicable for grandfathered and collectively bargained plans, Ann and Cathie will discuss the potential benefits of maintaining grandfathered status and the actions that employers should and should not take now if they wish to preserve the grandfathered status of their group health plans.
Finally, Ann and Cathie will talk about anticipated guidance and resources available to help employers monitor future developments in health reform.
Pending CLE and HRCI credit.
Register early. Please RSVP via e-mail to Kelly Sharpe at
There is no cost to attend this seminar.
In This Article
You May Also Like
Taft Columbus Employment and Labor Annual Update