Four partners from Fraser Milner Casgrain, a Canadian law firm, will be in Taft’s Cleveland and Cincinnati offices to give CLE presentations to Taft attorneys and others interested in learning about key legal considerations when doing business in Canada. Please come, feel free to bring clients or prospective clients who may be interested, and stay for cocktails or lunch.
Fraser Milner Casgrain is a member of Interlex, the international network of law firms to which Taft belongs. Taft and FMC have a long history of mutual referrals.
Monday, November 29th
4:00 – 5:30 p.m. FMC Presentation
5:30 p.m. – Cocktails in room after seminar
Topics will include:
- Canadian Energy and Environmental matters of interest to U.S. clients and their advisors
- Ontario’s Green Energy Act – opportunities for investors and developers
- Climate change legislation and trends
- Oil sands development
- Cross-Border Capital Markets / M&A Transactions – similarities and differences that U.S. counsel need to know
- Private equity / public capital markets in Canada
- TSX Listing of US Companies
- Foreign Investment – BHP/Potash case
- Transfer pricing issues and tax ramifications for U.S. entities
- Employment/labor considerations in cross-border transactions
- Cross-Border Debt Financings / Insolvencies – differences that U.S. counsel need to know
- Debt financings
- Cross-Border Litigation
- Enforcing U.S. judgments in Canada
- Class actions
- Differences in litigation north of the border
- Mediation, ADR and JDR
Please register by November 22.
For more information, please contact Amy Kattman, email@example.com, Jennifer Mixson, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Kathy Major, email@example.com.