The Indianapolis Labor & Employment Group of Taft Stettinius & Hollister
Invites you to a complimentary Legal Update
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Indianapolis Marriott North Hotel
3645 River Crossing ParkwayIndianapolis, IN 46240
8:00 - 10:00 a.m.with continental breakfast at 7:45 a.m.
Family Medical Leave Act
The Department of Labor has recently published final regulations clarifying an employer’s obligations under the 2008 amendments to the Family and Medical Leave Act. The FMLA was already one of the most complex and troublesome laws for employers to administer. The final regulations impose new obligations on employers and make significant changes to the administration of FMLA leave. Employers must comply with the requirements outlined in the final regulations by January 16, 2009.
At this Breakfast Briefing, we will address the significant changes to the FMLA under the amendments and the final regulations, including:
- FMLA Notice Requirements
- Conditions that qualify as a “Serious Health Condition”
- Employer’s ability to contact employee’s physician for clarification
- Requirements for Medical Certifications
- Time-keeping requirements for intermittent leave
- Impact of light duty on an employee’s FMLA leave entitlement
- Circumstances under which an employee is entitled to exigency leave for family members in the military
- Employee entitlement to 26 weeks of FMLA leave for family members of wounded military personnel
We will also provide employers with practical tips for ensuring compliance with the new regulations and discuss modifications that may be necessary to an employer’s existing FMLA policy.
Please join us for a comprehensive presentation addressing these issues.
Please RSVP via phone, fax or e-mail to:
Kallie Bonnell: 317-713-3414 (phone); 317-713-3699 (fax); or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A registration form and directions are available by viewing the PDF below.