In conjunction with the Indiana PTAC, please join Taft’s Government Contracts group for part one of our five-part complimentary 2021 seminar series.
This presentation will discuss Section 889 of the Fiscal Year 2019 National Defense Authorization Act including:
- History and analysis of updates:
- Requirements of Section 889(a)(1(a) – Ban on providing prohibited telecommunication and video surveillance products/services.
- Requirements of Section 889(a)(1)(b) – Ban on using prohibited telecommunication and video surveillance products/services.
- Analysis of FAR clauses:
- FAR 52.204-24, -25, and -26.
- Compliance requirements:
- Impacted products and services.
- “Reasonable inquiry” and supply chain impact.
- Flowdown obligations.
- Exceptions to the requirements.
- Waiver process.