The success or failure of a business is directly linked to its employees. It is crucial that human resource personnel legally manage labor and employment policies, documents and employee procedures to ensure compliance with federal and state laws. On March 25, Taft partners Jeffrey A. Mullins, Timothy G. Pepper, and Douglas C. Anspach, Jr. will present "Employment Law: 2015 Comprehensive Guide," which includes the following topics:
- Know what a handbook should and shouldn't contain by exploring the advantages and pitfalls of various policies.
- Understand how to put a records retention and destruction policy in place that protects both paper and electronic files.
- Avoid inadvertent FLSA violations by properly classifying exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Learn how to appropriately accommodate a disabled employee and know what sort of laws protect against discrimination.
- Review hot-button issues related to social media and employee monitoring - know if and when you are violating employee privacy rights.
- Properly execute performance reviews and know how to utilize them during a wrongful termination case.
- Identify best practices for drafting and negotiating settlement agreements during employment disputes.
- 9:00-9:30 a.m. (Jeffrey A. Mullins): Understanding Legislative Changes: A Brief Overview
- 9:30-10:15 a.m. (Jessica E. Bauml - Jackson Lewis P.C.): Drafting Must-Have Policies for Today's Handbooks
- 10:30-11:15 a.m. (Jeffrey A. Mullins): Putting in Place Document Retention Programs
- 11:15 a.m.-Noon (Kimberly B. Bakota - Jackson Lewis P.C.): Avoiding Wage and Hour Violations
- 1:00-2:00 p.m. (Kimberly B. Bakota - Jackson Lewis P.C.): Managing Employee Leaves of Absence
- 2:00-2:45 p.m. (Timothy G. Pepper): Monitoring Employees: Privacy Issues and Employer Risks
- 3:00-3:45 p.m. (Douglas C. Anspach, Jr.): Dealing With the Troubled/Troubling Employee
- 3:45-4:30 p.m. (Timothy G. Pepper): Utilizing Alternative Dispute Resolution Tactics in Employment Matters
Cost and Registration Details
The cost is $349.00 per individual. A total of 6 CLE credit hours will be awarded.
Click here to register for this informative session.