As 2021 comes to a close, employers continue to navigate the pitfalls and challenges of mandating or encouraging vaccines, including how to collect and maintain employee vaccination information and how to handle employee exemptions and objections. But COVID is not the only challenge facing Illinois employers. Other important changes affecting Illinois employers take effect Jan. 1, 2022, including new statutory requirements regarding restrictive covenants, and new equal pay reporting and certification requirements. There are important legal concerns for employers to understand and to prepare for, as these changes go into effect.
Join Taft Law for a practical discussion regarding the changes affecting Illinois employers and employees into 2022, including:
- An update on the state of the ever-changing landscape of vaccine mandates in Illinois.
- An overview of new law regulating restrictive covenants.
- How to assess your existing and future non-compete and non-solicitation restrictions to determine if they are enforceable.
- How to prepare for the equal pay reporting requirements.
- Understanding your certification obligations under the Illinois Equal Pay Act.
One hour of SHRM professional development credit and Illinois CLE credit pending.