- Type: CLE Seminar
- Presented by: Taft and ACC NE OH Chapter
- Speakers: Kevin D. Barnes and Michael Wager
- Location: Embassy Suites Cleveland-Rockside 5800 Rockside Woods Blvd., Independence, OH 44131
Barnes & Wager to Lead ACC Seminar: Compliance with the FCPA & International Anti-Corruption Laws in the Era of Enforcement
Kevin D. Barnes and Michael Wager are panelists for the July 26 meeting of the Association of Corporate Counsel – America, Northeast Ohio Chapter. The seminar is titled, “Compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”) & International Anti-Corruption Laws in the Era of Enforcement.” The two partners will be joined on the panel by Shelly Hillyer, Senior Attorney, Compliance & Risk Management, Cliffs Natural Resources Inc.
The breakfast program will address the unprecedented increase in FCPA enforcement activity for companies doing business overseas who must contend with the global explosion of anti-corruption laws. The seminar will answer the following questions and more:
- What constitutes a violation of the FCPA and related international anti-corruption laws?
- What does the current and the future enforcement environment look like?
- What are the elements of an effective risk-based anti-corruption compliance program?
- How are FCPA violations typically resolved?
This course has been approved by the Ohio Supreme Court Commission on Continuing Legal Education for 1.50 total CLE hours of instruction.
ACC Members: $20 / Non-Members: $40
Free to Law Students. Non-refundable.
Includes continental breakfast.
About the ACC – America, Northeast Ohio Chapter
The Northeast Ohio Chapter serves in-house counsel in 12 contiguous counties in Northeast Ohio, including the cities of Cleveland, Akron and Canton. NEOACCA offers its members: Access to other in-house attorneys, current developments and issues in the law -- practical business discussions with those in similar situations.
In This Article
You May Also Like
Webinar | Cross-Atlantic Equity Plans: Trends & Best Practices for 2023 Technology Webinar Series: How To Avoid a Digital Transformation Relationship Trainwreck