Taft partners William J. Serritella, Jr. and Jillian Cole will be featured speakers at the 8th Annual Midwest Bank Special Assets & Credit Officer's Forum in Chicago on Sept. 6-7.
Serritella will moderate the panel “Turnarounds & Workouts: When to Go to the Pros.” The session will cover:
- When is a turnaround manager necessary? How do you select one? What is marketplace like right now?
- Which markets are turnaround specialists most active in? Where has hiring increased? What is the average length of a workout?
Cole will be a panelist for “Legal Matters: Litigation, Settlements & Other Fun Stuff.” The session includes:
- Understanding the costs and time associated with litigation. How much is this going to cost? How long is this going to take? How do I pre-pare for this?
- Do I even need to litigate? Exploring non-litigious alternatives.
- When might litigation be necessary? What are the best and worst possible outcomes? How do you evaluate your potential litigator? How do you devise a strategy?
- When to settle and how to save face!
- Stories from the field…
For more information or to register to attend, click here.
Serritella is a commercial litigator who focuses his practice on banking, commercial, bankruptcy and appellate litigation. He lectures on numerous topics, including commercial workouts, Uniform Commercial Code issues, bankruptcy, trial practice, appellate practice, contract law and alternative billing practices.
Cole focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation, including representing local and national commercial lenders in commercial foreclosures and other special asset litigation. She also has extensive experience representing secured creditors in Chapter 7, 11 and 13 bankruptcy actions.