Taft Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences Litigation chair Steve Auten will present "12(b) and 12(c) Motions: Analyzing the 'Unique' Pleading Requirements in Hatch-Waxman Actions," on Oct. 4 at 3:15 pm during the 7th Annual Paragraph IV Disputes Master Symposium in Chicago. The session will cover:
- Understanding when to file a rule 12(b) motion v. 12(c)
- Avoiding your motion being converted into a motion for summary judgement
- Learning what facts are necessary to support your motion
- Considering materials incorporated by reference in the pleadings
- NDA, ANDA, prosecution history etc.
- Determining issues suitable for resolution
- Questions of law v. questions of fact
- Analyzing statistics of recent Hatch-Waxman cases
Click here for more information or to register to attend.
Auten is a widely recognized and seasoned attorney in Hatch-Waxman and biosimilar matters, including related patent litigation, and is followed by key industry leaders (brand and generic alike), law firms, analysts, educators and others on his LinkedIn blog "Hatch Waxman ANDA Litigation Forum," which has more than 8,600 members worldwide. He currently represents clients primarily in the areas of Paragraph IV design strategies, Hatch-Waxman litigation and biosimilar market opportunities