Stephen M. Nechemias, a partner in Taft’s Cincinnati office, will be a featured speaker at the 2008 Annual Ohio Tax Course. He will be speaking on the following two topics:
Friday, August 15
9:10 a.m. – Income Tax: Pass-Through Entity Taxation & Ohio Taxation of Nonresident Individuals and the Revised ‘Bright Line’ Residency Test
- Insights from audits …flow-through of credits and exemptions, apportionment of business & non-business income, compensation, add-backs, state reciprocity agreements, and tax withholding and filing of composite returns.
- Taxation of deferred compensation and stock option income of former Ohio residents. Taxation of income from Ohio pass-through entities and sales of Ohio businesses.
10:30 a.m. – Municipal Tax: Net Profits Tax, Nexus, Complex Sales Factor Exposures and
Consolidated Return Reporting Issues
- Net profits tax filing requirements, income tax nexus, exposure issues and application of FAS 109 & FIN 48 rules.
- Ohio’s unique net profit tax sales factor issues including application of the throwback sales factor rule, intercompany sales in separate company and consolidated return filing situations.
- Consolidated return filing methodology.
You can register for the event at www.MECseminars.com.