Taft is currently seeking a Partner Payroll Accountant in Cincinnati or Indianapolis.
We are seeking a Partner Payroll Accountant to work with our Accounting team in the Cincinnati or Indianapolis office. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
- Create and distribute personal account statements and partner business expense (PBE) statements.
- Create Microsoft Excel files to compute Senior Counsel and Equity Partner gross pay to ADP compensation system, along with accompanying additions/deductions to/from gross pay.
- Generate CSV compensation upload files to use with ADP payroll software
- Maintain all logs and reconciliations corresponding to Senior Counsel and Equity Partner payroll information.
- Collect and enter all paperwork and changes on new hires, terminations, transfers, garnishments, direct deposit, 401K contributions, rate increases/decreases, and taxes through the payroll software ADP.
- Process partner/exempt employee compensation through ADP payroll software and review and correct for completeness and accuracy.
- Submit completed semi-monthly (exempt personnel) payroll files via ADP payroll software and request funding for total payroll liability through the Accounting Department.
- Download and store via DeskSite, all payroll and tax reports.
- Download, audit, and post payroll journal entries for non-exempt staff, exempt staff, and partner payroll with help of the Payroll Manager.
- Compile internal management reports from payroll ADP system software.
- Assist Payroll Manager in the calculation of Equity Partner Capital and other reports and audits as needed.
- Serve as the main contact for written employment verifications for Taft employees.
- Performs other related Accounting duties as needed.
- Accounting/Financial Management skills.
- Technical ability with payroll software and Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
- Communication proficiency and timely responsiveness.
- Ethical conduct.
- Maintains confidentiality of data.
- Good time management skills; is organized and detail-oriented.
- Works equally well in individual and teamwork settings.
- Regular, punctual, and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work in stressful situations, especially when meeting deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or three or more years of related experience and/or training, with a preference for Accounting or Finance.
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred.
- A CPA certification is preferred.
- Two to three years of experience with payroll software such as ADP, Paycor, Ultipro, etc.
- ADP experience is preferred.
- Intermediate-level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other software useful in Accounting.
Interested candidates should apply to Alycen Cummings, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taft is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks, and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing.