Taft is seeking a paralegal to serve our Private Client team in Taft’s Minneapolis office.
We are seeking a Paralegal with 3-5 years’ trust and estates and tax experience to support our Private Client team in the Minneapolis office. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists in the collection, distribution, reporting, and transfer of estate assets.
- Prepares inventories and asset schedules from client information.
- Prepares financial accounts for estates and trusts, and annual accounts for ongoing trust administrations.
- Prepares, with attorney or accountant supervision, state and federal fiduciary income tax returns and state and federal estate and gift tax returns.
- Drafts and e-files various probate pleadings and accounting documents, using excellent written communications English and ensuring that resultant documents are error-free and client- or filing-ready.
- Prioritizes work and monitors deadlines for the group, ensuring that attorneys are aware of upcoming deadlines.
- Communicates with attorneys and other team members about the status of estates and other assignments; keeps attorneys informed of the pendency of matters as well as of the status of assigned matters.
- Utilizes specialized estate planning/reporting software.
- Enters, reviews, and corrects time charges timely.
- 3-5 years’ paralegal experience with related legal work.
- Paralegal degree/certificate is preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting practices and estate accounting/probate matters software.
- Working knowledge of the preparation of fiduciary income tax, estate and gift taxation, and returns.
- Demonstrated proficient command of the English language, syntax, and standard grammar rules.
- Demonstrated strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to adapt to workplace stressors and competing priorities.
- Must maintain confidentiality of client information.
- Must show strong attention to detail and ability to manage and monitor multiple projects and estates at once.
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills.
Interested candidates should apply to Alycen Cummings, email@example.com.
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks, and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing.