Paralegal - Litigation (Detroit)
At Taft, we work as one team, driven and committed to helping our clients succeed. A full-service law firm with more than 800 attorneys and 1,400 total on our team, we have the collaborative approach, advanced technological resources, and depth of services that make us a preeminent law firm in the Midwest.
Taft is currently seeking a paralegal to join our Litigation team in Taft's Detroit office.
We are seeking a paralegal with 3+ years’ experience to support to our Litigation team in our Detroit office. Legal Assistants serve clients by providing administrative support to attorneys. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy — in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
- Displays strong attention to detail as well as critical thinking.
- Proactively supports attorneys.
- Responds to requests with a sense of urgency and effectively prioritizes work.
- Utilize eDiscovery software to manipulate and organize data for document production request.
- Edits and proofreads documents for accuracy and compliance with applicable federal and state statutes and local rules.
- Demonstrates familiarity with litigation processes.
- Proactively monitors deadlines.
- Proactively manages and monitors cases, notifying attorney of actions needed.
- Clearly communicates in a concise, professional manner.
- Files documents with the courts electronically.
- Drafts documents and filings.
- Assists in deposition, mediation, arbitration, and trial preparation.
- Strong working knowledge in the application of Microsoft Office programs.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Sound judgment, including the ability to identify and escalate issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- 3+ years’ of related experience in a law firm or legal setting.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with eDiscovery software, preferably Relativity.
- Proficient command of the English language and standard grammar rules.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
Interested candidates should apply to Alycen Cummings, firstname.lastname@example.org.