Taft is seeking a Paralegal to support the Finance practice group in our Minneapolis office.
We are seeking a Paralegal with 3+ years of experience to support our Finance practice group in our Minneapolis office. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy — in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare first drafts of a variety of commercial finance loan documentation (including amendments to credit agreements, security agreements, amendments to note purchase agreements, subordination agreements, guarantees, intercreditor agreements, and other ancillary corporate documentation).
- Review due diligence, prepare public record search orders, review the results and discuss issues with attorneys.
- Review organizational documents for corporations, LLC, and partnerships and prepare appropriate certificates and resolutions authorizing the applicable finance transactions.
- Raise relevant issues to attorneys.
- Prepare and maintain transaction checklists.
- Monitor deal progress and status of documentation.
- Create and update forms and template documents.
- Communicate with attorneys and staff on transaction status, documentation needs, etc.
- Respond effectively to questions and requests of clients and attorneys.
- Assist with legal due diligence, including reviewing and summarizing disclosures schedules and virtual data rooms and gathering publicly available information.
- Gather and organize client and borrower information.
- Coordinate closing logistics.
- Build relationships with clients, attorneys, and staff based on trust.
- Assist with developing and executing strategies to resolve matters favorably, efficiently, and cost-effectively for clients.
- Perform other duties to ensure that clients receive the best and most cost-effective legal solutions.
- Paralegal certificate/degree or Bachelor’s degree.
- At least three years’ related work experience preferred.
- Experience with and basic understanding of commercial finance transactions preferred.
- Experience drafting complex documents preferred.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Sound judgment, including the ability to identify and escalate issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Alycen Cummings, email@example.com.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks, and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing.