We are looking for an energetic, customer-service focused legal assistant with experience to join our team in Taft’s Columbus office.
We are seeking a Legal Assistant with 5+ years’ experience supporting our Litigation group in the Columbus office. Legal Assistants serve clients by providing administrative support to attorneys. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
- Exhibits outstanding client service orientation in greeting guests, scheduling meetings, and conducting telephone conferences.
- Displays strong attention to detail.
- Proactively supports attorneys.
- Responds to requests with a sense of urgency and effectively prioritizes work.
- Prepares and reviews letters and memoranda according to Firm standards using word processing and document management systems.
- Proactively monitors deadlines.
- Processes requests for payment and reimbursements.
- Creates, maintains and retires files in accordance with Taft’s Information Governance Policy.
- Assists in managing client contacts, emails, and print documents as well as processing mail.
- Clearly communicates in a concise, professional manner.
- Transcribes dictation.
- Files documents with the courts electronically.
- Drafts pleadings (i.e. appearances, summons, motions, orders).
- 5+ years’ experience with Civil and Commercial Litigation.
- Higher education or coursework related to the legal industry preferred.
- Proficient command of the English language and standard grammar rules.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
To apply, send a resume and brief email explaining your interest to Alycen Cummings, Employee Relations Coordinator, at ACummings@taftlaw.com.
Taft is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not, and will not, unlawfully discriminate in hiring or in any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Taft’s EEO representative is Pamela Krivda, Partner and Chief Human Resources Officer, 65 E. State Street, Suite 1000, Columbus, Ohio 43215-4213. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org