Taft is seeking a legal assistant to serve our Finance team in Taft's Minneapolis office.
We are seeking a legal assistant with 2+ years of legal experience to provide administrative support to our Finance team in the Minneapolis office. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides skilled, proactive administrative support to attorneys.
- Displays strong attention to detail.
- Responds to requests with a sense of urgency and effectively prioritizes work.
- Creates, reviews and edits various documents.
- Reviews, inventories and saves signature pages.
- Compiles documents for closing using transaction checklist.
- Works with attorneys/paralegals to obtain documents for completion of closing books, and assembles closing books for attorney review.
- Proactively monitors work deadlines.
- Processes requests for payments and reimbursements.
- Creates, maintains and retires files in accordance with Taft’s Information Governance Policy.
- Assists in managing client contacts, emails, print documents, and incoming and outgoing mail.
- Clearly communicates in a concise, professional manner.
- Exhibits outstanding client service orientation in greeting guests, scheduling meetings, and conducting telephone conferences.
- Communicates with attorneys and other members of the legal team on transaction status, needs, etc.
- Works with members of the legal team and accounting to gather costs and time in preparation for closing.
- 2+ years’ related legal experience in a law firm or legal setting is strongly preferred.
- Some education beyond high school or other coursework related to the legal industry preferred.
- Proficient command of the English language and standard grammar rules.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Alycen Cummings, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taft is a State of Minnesota and City of St. Paul Affirmative Action Employer as required in those jurisdictions. Taft is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks, and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing. Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP participates in E-VERIFY.