Taft is seeking a Legal Assistant to serve our Employment and Labor Relations Group in our Minneapolis Office.
We are seeking a Legal Assistant with 3+ years’ experience to support our Employment and Labor Relations group in our Minneapolis office. Legal Assistants serve clients by providing proactive administrative support to attorneys and paralegals. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Edits and proofreads highly sensitive and confidential documents, including proactive review for, and ability to relay, relevant discrepancies/inconsistencies.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- E-files in state and federal courts, and uploads documents to the EEOC system.
- Manages and maintains schedules and calendars, including coordinating meetings and client calls.
- Supports the billing process, including initial review and comment on BIMs; editing BIMs; obtaining, preparing and/or updating reports; preparing cover letters and/or emails; following up on client and attorney inquiries.
- Independently performs administrative duties such as proofing, editing and releasing attorney time entries; registering, calendaring and reporting CLEs; requesting and following up on reimbursements and other related tasks.
- Prepares and reviews letters and memoranda according to Firm standards.
- Exhibits outstanding client service orientation in greeting guests, scheduling meetings, and contacting, supporting and interacting with clients.
- Displays strong attention to detail.
- Proactively supports attorneys.
- Responds to requests with a sense of urgency and effectively prioritizes work.
- Demonstrates flexibility and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proactively monitors deadlines.
- Creates, maintains, and retires files in accordance with Taft’s Information Governance Policy.
- Assists in managing client contacts, emails, and print documents as well as processing mail.
- Clearly communicates in a concise, professional manner.
- 3+ years related experience preferred.
- Some education beyond high school or other coursework related to the legal industry preferred.
- Proficient command of the English language and standard grammar rules.
- Strong working knowledge of and experience in using Microsoft Office programs, and the desire to maintain excellent technical skills and learn new software.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Alycen Cummings, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taft is a State of Minnesota and City of St. Paul Affirmative Action Employer as required in those jurisdictions. Taft is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks, and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing. Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP participates in E-VERIFY.