Taft is currently seeking an Information Governance Operations Manager to support our team in Taft's Cincinnati or Indianapolis office.
We are seeking an entry-level Information Governance Operations Manager to support our team in the Indianapolis or Cincinnati office. This position is responsible for managing the Firm’s onsite operations to ensure the consistent delivery of information management services to attorneys and staff. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the information management operations for Taft’s Information Governance program, including approved workflows, reporting standards, training requirements, and compliance metrics.
- Supervise and support Information Management staff in the performance of their assignments in all assigned offices.
- Collaborate with vendors and internal Taft departments in support of Information Governance technology and industry best practice operations.
- Respond to specific requests by searching, locating, retrieving and delivering information through established procedures and delivery systems in a timely manner.
- Manage all audits performed on both on-site and off-site information collections.
- Establish and monitor scanning workflows of Information Management, vendor and Taft office services teams.
- Complete assigned work associated with on-boarding & off-boarding client matters and files and Firm personnel for all assigned offices.
- Monitor assigned email and voice mail accounts and respond in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Provide input to management on current and projected workloads, process improvements and training requirements for all Firm and Information Management staff.
- Complete all Information Management operational quality control reports for assigned offices.
- Support Firm attorneys and staff on understanding and complying with Information Governance policies, processes, and technologies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; some college preferred.
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience, or minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a professional legal environment.
- IGP, CIP, CRM or other information/records management certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of records and information management operations, protocols, and best practices in the legal industry preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated experience managing physical and electronic documents, files and containers.
- Experience providing superior customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage and prioritize workload.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing and actively listen to a variety of audiences.
- This position requires walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting and carrying boxes that typically weigh less than 40 pounds without accommodation.
Interested candidates should apply to Alycen Cummings, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks, and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing.