Taft is looking for a highly motivated, team-oriented Conflicts Attorney to serve in any of Taft’s seven offices.
We are seeking a Conflicts Attorney to join our conflicts team. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience working in a conflicts department in a mid – to large-sized law firm, and can be based in Taft's Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton, Indianapolis or Minneapolis office. Under the direction of the Conflicts Counsel, the Conflicts Attorney will be responsible for all aspects of the conflicts process, from preparing conflicts search reports as needed, to identifying and resolving possible ethical conflicts and business issues for both new business and lateral matters. The Conflicts Attorney serves clients and attorneys by ensuring that the firm fulfills its ethical obligations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review, analyze and articulate conflicts search results for new business and lateral hires. Identify potential conflict issues and determine appropriate steps for resolution.
- Work collaboratively with Conflicts Counsel, General Counsel, firm attorneys and the conflicts team to effectively resolve conflict issues.
- Assist new firm attorneys in transitioning lateral clients and matters, including drafting engagement letters and conflict waivers.
- Draft and distribute ethical screen memorandums. Set up new ethical walls and manage existing walls using firm software.
- Identify opportunities to create or streamline existing processes and procedures to reduce risk and increase efficiency.
- Assist in the development and training of department employees.
- Assist in the large-scale review, reconciliation and clean-up of the firm’s existing client/matter information and conflicts database.
- Provide excellent customer service to legal assistants and firm attorneys.
- Travel within the U.S. to other offices as required.
- Must have ability and willingness to work remotely outside of normal business hours as needed.
- Intapp experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks and projects while providing an accurate work product in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to think critically, independently and decisively.
- Exhibit strong problem-solving and time management skills.
- Ability to take initiative and adapt to changes in workflow, processes and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively in a team atmosphere.
- Possess an acute attention to detail, along with excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to scale communications to all levels within the firm and translate complex issues into simple concepts.
- Juris doctor required.
- 2+ years of experience working in a conflicts department in a mid- to large-sized law firm required.
- Knowledge and understanding of professional responsibility and legal ethics rules pertaining to conflicts.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to Alycen Cummings, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taft is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing.