We are looking for an energetic, customer-service focused Conflicts Analyst to serve in Taft’s Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton, Indianapolis, or Minneapolis office.
We are seeking a Conflicts Analyst to join our conflicts team. The ideal candidate will have at least one year of experience working in a conflicts department in a mid- to large-sized law firm and can be based in any of these six Taft offices: Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton, Indianapolis, or Minneapolis. Under the direction of the Conflicts Counsel, the Conflicts Analyst will perform research and prepare conflicts search reports analyzing the data of existing and potential clients and matters to identify and assist in resolving possible ethical conflicts and business issues for both new business and lateral matters. The Conflicts Analyst serves clients and attorneys by ensuring that the firm fulfills its ethical obligations. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Define effective search strategies and conduct conflicts searches for new business and potential lateral matters using the firm’s internal electronic database. Analyze, articulate and communicate search results to firm attorneys, including the identification and suggested resolution of potential conflicts.
- Perform comprehensive corporate research using online databases to accurately determine corporate affiliations and relationships.
- Work collaboratively with Conflicts Counsel, General Counsel, firm attorneys and the conflicts team to aid in conflicts resolution.
- Draft engagement letters, conflict waivers and ethical screen memorandums for review.
- Assist in the large-scale review, reconciliation and clean-up of the firm’s existing client/matter information and conflicts database.
- Provide excellent customer service to legal assistants and firm attorneys.
- Must have ability and willingness to work remotely outside of normal business hours as needed.
- Intapp experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks and projects while providing an accurate work product in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to think critically, independently and decisively.
- Exhibit strong problem-solving and time management skills.
- Ability to take initiative and adapt to changes in workflow, processes and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively in a team atmosphere.
- Possess acute attention to detail, along with excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to scale communications to all levels within the firm and translate complex issues into simple concepts.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 1+ years of experience working in a conflicts department in a mid- to large-sized law firm required.
- Working knowledge of professional responsibility and legal ethics rules pertaining to conflicts.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to Alycen Cummings at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taft is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks, and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing.