Trademarks and Branding
Safeguarding trademarks and branding is essential to preserving a company’s identity, reputation, and culture.
Taft’s trademark attorneys offer a full range of legal services related to the enforcement and defense of infringing use, complying with advertising regulations and monitoring for dilution, and defending counterfeit. We routinely work with business owners, advising on IP-related issues, and when appropriate, integrate our legal team with marketing professionals to identify problems before they develop, not after.
Trademark searching and prosecution of applications for trademark registration are traditional elements of our practice. With a streamlined approach, our team advises clients on how to efficiently use resources to enforce trademarks and if needed, we help them develop a cost-efficient program to monitor for online abuse.
Taft’s attorneys advise on issues such as:
- Rights clearing.
- International, federal and state trademark applications.
- Advertising review.
- Rights enforcement, including internet.
- Domain name rights enforcement, including international arbitrations.
- Federal and state court litigation of trademark, false advertising and unfair competition proceedings.
- UDRP and WIPO arbitrations.
- Counseling on trademark and branding campaigns.
Members of Taft’s Intellectual Property practice work with colleagues in the Litigation and Transactional areas of the firm to handle opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.