On a regular basis, attorneys in Taft’s Public Offerings practice assist issuers and underwriters in satisfying both the regulatory requirements of federal and state law and the practical requirements involved in completing public offerings of securities registered under the Securities Act of 1933. Our experience includes both debt and equity offerings.
In these transactions, our involvement includes:
- Assisting in the restructuring of companies in preparation for initial public offerings.
- Participating in the preparation of registration statements.
- Helping ensure compliance with state and federal securities laws.
- Carrying out extensive legal and regulatory due diligence reviews.
- Helping negotiate the terms of underwriting agreements.
Issuers we have represented in registered public offerings include:
- Cinergy Corporation
- Component Technology Corporation
- Duramed Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Gibson Greetings, Inc.
- The Kroll-O'Gara Company
- Taft Broadcasting Company
- Vortec Corporation
Lead underwriters we have represented include:
- A.G. Edwards and Sons, Inc.
- Robert W. Baird & Company
- William Blair & Company
- CS First Boston
- Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette Securities Corporation
- Janney Capital Markets
- Merrill Lynch & Co.
- Montgomery Securities
- The Ohio Company
- The Robinson-Humphrey Company, Inc.
- Roney & Co.