Taft’s Government Relations group has a long and distinguished history of working with federal, state and local government officials and agencies in crafting public policies, drafting legislation and resolving controversies. Our reputation of experience and integrity, and our professional relationships with governmental decision makers, enable us to achieve strong results for our clients at all levels of government.
We provide a voice in government affairs for individuals, organizations and public and private entities with diverse needs. Whether consulting about or advancing legislation, providing counsel in federal, state or local government administrative proceedings involving licensure or regulatory compliance, or facilitating direct communications with public officials and decision makers, Taft helps our clients meet the challenges of dealing with governmental issues.
Clients turn to our Government Relations attorneys for legal representation in proceedings conducted by local, state and federal administrative agencies, departments, commissions and boards.
Our services include:
- Management and representation in administrative proceedings before public officials, agencies, boards and commissions.
- Consultation and representation of individuals or organizations in official inquiries and investigations.
- Monitoring of and engaging in the federal and state legislative process.
- Establishing dialogue with members of local, state and federal administrative agencies, departments, commissions and boards.
- Grassroots lobbying.
- Legislative policy strategies.
- Political strategies.
- Government contracts advice.
- Federal and state election and ethics law compliance.
- Local and statewide ballot issue representation.
Whether providing counsel in routine or adversarial administrative matters, elevating a client’s position on the impact of tax concessions to spur business growth or building awareness and support for an expansion of an energy plant, we are dedicated to upholding the standards that have made us one of the most admired firms on this front. By collaborating with our colleagues from our other legal practices — Business & Corporate, Campaign & Election Law, Local Government and industry-specific areas — or working with Focused Capitol Solutions, a Taft affiliate that offers governmental relations and public policy services, we can quickly and seamlessly bring together the right mix of tools, talent, energy and experience needed to deliver the solutions our clients expect.