Estates, Trusts and Fiduciary Litigation
Taft’s Estates, Trusts and Fiduciary Litigation practice integrates business and commercial litigators and tax, estates and trusts practitioners with substantive experience in estate, trust and fiduciary concepts. Our team advises and represents individual and institutional clients in matters and controversies, including:
- Defending executors and trustees.
- Bringing and defending challenges to wills, trusts and gifts, and actions involving fiduciaries.
- Guardianships (contested and consensual).
- Surrogate decision making and related matters.
- Trust construction, reformation and judicial rescission.
- Charitable and exempt organization litigation.
- Tax litigation.
We represent interested parties including fiduciaries, beneficiaries, creditors, health care providers, individuals, charities and others in these matters.
Our estates, trusts and fiduciary litigation attorneys are leaders in their field. We serve on local, regional and national committees that drive trends and draft legislation in our practice areas. Our attorneys are recognized for their excellence by Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers. Several are members of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC).