Automotive and Transportation
The automotive and transportation industry is in the midst of a transformation. Now considered by some as part of a broader mobility industry, auto and transportation businesses must continually navigate through new challenges, including technological advances that reduce certain types of demand, changing consumer preferences and the cyclical nature of economy and demand. In addition, the industry is highly regulated by the U.S. government.
Many of our attorneys have devoted their practices to serving the needs of businesses in the auto and transportation industry. We have acquired deep industry knowledge and experience and have developed unique solutions to complex problems. We strive to consistently keep our clients informed, deliver comprehensive, strategic advice and, ultimately, improve our clients’ mobility in this ever-changing environment.
The auto and transportation industry consists of a wide range of companies and organizations involved in the design, development, manufacturing, marketing and selling of motor vehicles. Our services to clients in this industry include:
- Business restructuring and bankruptcy.
- General corporate.
- Intellectual property.
- Labor and employment.
- Lending and corporate finance.
- Mergers and acquisitions.
- Real estate, zoning and land use.
- Regulatory compliance.
Representative matters for auto and transportation industry clients include:
- Intellectual property, mergers and acquisitions, corporate law and environmental law for a Fortune 500 engine design and manufacturing company.
- Joint venture matters involving a data aggregation service provider.
- Corporate and intellectual property matters for a large automatic transmissions manufacturer.
- Litigation and environmental counseling for a premier tire manufacturer.
- Assistance in the formation of the largest floor plan lender corporation, in addition to litigation, including replevin, receiverships, bankruptcy and other defense of tort claims.
- NHTSA, regulatory compliance, general business, litigation, trademark law and environmental law services to a manufacturer of recreational vehicles.
- Representation of a holdings company in acquisitions, labor and employment compliance and creditors’ rights matters.
- Collection and related lawsuits, as well as defending RICO claims and other counterclaims, for an inventory financing corporation.
- Corporate law, state licensing, dealer sales and service agreements, vehicle sales contracts and trademark registration services for an electric van manufacturer.