Ukeme is a partner in Taft's Intellectual Property practice group where she focuses on negotiating and structuring intellectual property licenses, options, and related agreements. With a proven track record, she is a trusted advisor to her legal colleagues and business partners.
Active in the community, Ukeme serves on the board of directors for Ohio Legal Help, is an appointed member of the Community Relations Committee for the City of Upper Arlington and serves on the United Way of Central Ohio’s Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Council.
Prior to joining Taft, Ukeme was the primary patent counsel on the Marketing and Intellectual Property Team at Nationwide.
ABA YLD Leader of the Quarter, 2016
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law (2013)
- University of Massachusetts - Lowell, M.B.A (2009)
- University of Maine, B.S. (2004)
- State - Ohio
Speeches and Publications
- ICANN Dot-Anything: Rethinking the Scope of the New gTLD Expansion, Its Effect on Government Regulation, and Its Impact on Trademark Owners 103 TMR 962-986 (2013)
- The Trademark-Licensee Uncertainty in Bankruptcy Continues: Adding Crumbs to the Mix. Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Journal (2016)
- International Trademark Association
Appointed, Chair: Public Relations Committee, Designers Subcommittee
- American Bar Association
Appointed, Co-Chair of the IP Committee for the YLD, 2015-2016
Elected, District Representative for OH & WV to the WYLD, 2016-2017
- Community Relations Committee for the City of Upper Arlington
- United Way of Central Ohio - Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Council
- Ohio Legal Help
Member, Board of Directors
- City of Upper Arlington Financial Review Task Force
Appointed Member, 2019