Thomas B. Sokolowski
Thomas is an attorney in Taft's Indianapolis office and focuses his practice on environmental law, including environmental regulation, compliance, permitting, litigation, and real estate due diligence.
Prior to joining Taft, Thomas gained extensive legal experience through multiple legal and judicial externships at the state and federal levels. Most recently, he worked as a judicial extern to the Hon. James P. Hanlon, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana. During law school, Thomas worked as a legal intern for the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and as a judicial extern to the Hon. Kurt M. Eisgruber, Marion Superior Court, Civil Division, and the Hon. Jennifer P. Harrison, Marion Superior Court, Criminal Division.
Thomas earned his J.D, magna cum laude, and Graduate Certificate in Environmental and Natural Resources Law from Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law. During law school, Thomas was awarded as a Kennedy Law Scholar and served as the editor-in-chief of the Indiana Law Review. Additionally, he served as president of the Environmental Law Society and president of the Christian Legal Society. Thomas earned his B.S. in biology and B.A. in geology-focused environmental science, magna cum laude, from Wheaton College.
All Service Areas
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law (2022)
- Wheaton College (2016)
- State - Indiana
- Federal - Northern District of Indiana
- Federal - Southern District of Indiana
Speeches and Publications
- Can Criminals Change Environmental Law? An Analysis of McGirt and its Implications on Regulating the Environment, 55 IND. L. REV. 857 (2022).
Federal Court Ruling Could Raise the Bar for Proving Causation Under CERCLA
Taft Adds Five Attorneys in Indianapolis
EPA Issues Interim FAQs on How Environmental Justice Will Affect Permitting
Taft Welcomes 19 New Associates
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana Air & Waste Management Association
- Environmental Law Institute
- Christian Legal Society