Steve is the partner-in-charge of Taft's Delaware office. Steve brings two decades of combined legal, government, military and political experience to the comprehensive array of services he provides to corporate, public and non-public clients at the state and local levels.
Steve worked in the Ohio Senate and served as the deputy chief legal to Ohio House Speaker Larry Householder. He also served as city councilman and vice-mayor of the city of Delaware. In addition, he chaired the executive committee of the Delaware County Republican Party, providing advice on numerous Republican campaigns and platform issues. He currently serves as the Republican Party's Finance Chair and is also a member of the Delaware County Board of Elections.
Steve also served as the manager of government relations for the second-largest cable company in the United States (Time Warner Cable) and as the director of law and government affairs for the fifth-largest cable company in the United States (f.k.a. Adelphia Communications).
Steve is an Army veteran and currently ranked as a major in the United States Army Reserve, where he serves as the international law officer for the 412th Civil Affairs Battalion (Airborne) in Whitehall, Ohio. In 2010, he returned from a one-year deployment as chief of military justice, Joint Task Force Guantanamo, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
Steve received his law degree from Capital University Law School and his undergraduate degree from The Ohio State University. He is a member of the Columbus Business First "Forty under 40" class of 2013, honored for his outstanding career achievements and community service.
All Service Areas
- Capital University School of Law (2002)
- The Ohio State University
- State - Ohio
- Ohio State Bar Association (Member)
- Delaware County Bar Association (Member)
- Columbus Bar Association (Member)
- Ohio Association of Commodores (Member and General Counsel)
- Veterans of Foreign Wars (Member)
- Hiram Lodge No. 18 (Member)
- Paramuthia Lodge (Member)
- First Families of Athens County (Member)
- Lifepoint Church (Member)
- Olentangy Youth Athletic Association (Coach)
- Olentangy Little League (Coach)
- Delaware Now! (Chairman)
- Delaware Partnership (Member)