Known for her ability to conceptualize, visualize and implement comprehensive strategic objectives combined with a meticulous approach, Sarah brings efficiency and stability to Taft's clients’ business needs. Seamlessly collaborating with her team in concert with Taft's clients’ internal stakeholders, she serves as a trusted adviser by thoughtfully navigating each matter while delivering proactive, strategic solutions.
Sarah is an attorney in Taft’s Business & Finance practice group working with a team advising private equity funds, private equity-backed companies, venture capital funds and emerging growth companies on matters relating to capital formation, private placements, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and compliance with securities regulations.
Boards of directors and senior management of publicly-traded clients seek Sarah’s counsel as both an attorney and business adviser in matters related to:
- Compliance with Securities and Exchange Commission regulations.
- Compliance with stock exchange requirements.
- Corporate governance matters, including proxy contests and annual meetings.
- Conducting public and private offerings.
- Completing mergers and acquisitions.
- Managing general corporate matters.
Prior to joining Taft, Sarah was a corporate and business law attorney at a national law firm and a regional corporate and securities firm. In her prior roles, Sarah’s success was demonstrated through her client work including representing a private equity fund in numerous multi-million dollar portfolio company acquisitions across the country, representing a publicly-traded holding company operating local natural gas utilities in a merger with an energy infrastructure investment fund, successfully negotiating an executive compensation package for an incoming CEO and defending a publicly-traded company in a proxy contest involving a dissident shareholder seeking control of the client’s board of directors.
Sarah received her undergraduate degree from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio where she studied at the John E. Dolibois European Center in Luxembourg and earned her J.D. from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law.
All Service Areas
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law (2013)
- University of Dayton (2010)
Master of Public Administration
- Miami University (2008)
Studied at the Miami University John E. Dolibois European Center (MUDEC), Luxembourg
- State - Ohio
- Federal - Northern District of Ohio
Sarah’s experience includes representing:
- A New York based private equity fund in numerous multi-million dollar portfolio company acquisitions across the country.
- A leading provider of land surveys and field management services in its multi-million dollar sale to a private equity firm.
- An international acrylics manufacturer based in North-America in acquiring a segment of a competitor’s business.
- A publicly-traded natural gas utility in a $200 million merger with an energy infrastructure investment fund.
- An incoming CEO of a publicly-traded producer of paper and pulp in the negotiation of an executive compensation package.
- A publicly-traded natural gas utility in a debt refinancing and simultaneous corporate reorganization within a wholly-owned subsidiary.
- A publicly-traded company against a dissident shareholder in a proxy campaign to replace the board of directors.
- A publicly-traded natural gas utility in the sale of a subsidiary and its pipeline assets and related real estate, equipment and contracts.
- A publicly-traded natural gas utility in a bridge loan and divestiture of two of the company’s utilities.
- A publicly-traded natural gas utility in the sale of its former corporate headquarters.
- Association for Corporate Growth
- PRADCO Women in Leadership Program
- Miami University Alumni Association
- Western Reserve Rowing Association
- Legal Aid Society of Cleveland
- The National Museum of the U.S. Air Force, Wright Patterson Air Force Base
Former volunteer coordinator