Ryan focuses his practice on labor and employment matters. He earned his J.D., cum laude, from Northwestern University School of Law, and received his B.A. in economics from Denison University.
Prior to joining Taft as an associate, Ryan was a summer associate for two years at the firm. He was also a judicial extern at the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Before law school, Ryan worked as a general litigation paralegal in the legal department of Lowe’s Companies, Inc. and served in the U.S. Marine Corps.
- Northwestern University School of Law (2018)
- Denison University, B.A. (2010)
- State - Illinois
Speeches and Publications
- "Chapter 8: Guidelines for Drafting Specific Contract Clauses in Employment Agreements," Contract Law (2020 edition) published by IICLE.
- Article - "An Overview of Recovering Trademark Infringement Damages,” co-author with Marcus Harris, The Intellectual Property Strategist, December 2018
- American Bar Association
Legal Innovation Team (YLD) Member, September 1, 2019 – August 31, 2020
Member, Section of Labor and Employment Law
- Chicago Council on Global Affairs
- Community Law Project
- Domestic Violence Legal Clinic