Bob's litigation experience included defending employers against claims of federal and state labor and employment cases, as well as representing developers, builders, general contractors and subcontractors in construction disputes and real estate and zoning litigation. His practice included civil jury trials and commercial arbitrations, as well as arguments before state and federal courts of appeal.
Bob served as a mediator and evaluator for the Alternative Dispute Resolution Panel of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio and also acts as a mediator for private parties. He participated in the Litigation and Construction Law Sections of the American Bar Association and in the Labor and Employment Section of the Ohio State Bar Association.
As a licensed commercial pilot with multi-engine and jet ratings, Bob consulted on aviation related legal matters, including drafting and negotiating purchase agreements and fractional ownership agreements for private aircraft. He is a retired U.S. Air Force Major, who flew 109 combat missions in the Vietnam War and received the Distinguished Flying Cross, Air Medals and the Meritorious Service Medal.
Bob is past president of the Cleveland Rowing Foundation, former president of the Joint Veterans Commission of Cuyahoga County and has served as a trustee of the Catholic Education Endowment Trust Fund of the Diocese of Cleveland. Bob was a championship rower at Georgetown and currently coaches the St. Ignatius High School Crew.
All Service Areas
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law (1976)
- Georgetown University School of Foreign Service (1964)
- Federal - Northern District of Ohio
- Federal - 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Federal - 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - 8th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - U.S. Supreme Court
- State - Ohio
- Catholic Diocese of Cleveland (Catholic Education Endowment Trust Fund)
- Joint Veterans Commission of Cuyahoga County (Former President)
- U.S. Air Force Reserve (Major, Retired)