Rick is a member of the litigation practice and focuses on legal malpractice defense. He has served as lead counsel in numerous matters involving defense of legal malpractice claims.
Prior to the combination between Taft and Briggs and Morgan, Rick Mark served as Briggs' general counsel and was president from 2002-2007.
Before joining the firm, Rick handled civil and criminal litigation for the Minnesota attorney general’s office. As the assistant solicitor general, Rick was responsible for major civil and criminal litigation for the state.
Attorney of the Year, Minnesota Lawyer, 2010
Local Litigation Star, Benchmark Litigation, 2018-19
- University of Minnesota Law School (1971)
- University of Minnesota (1968)
- State - Minnesota
- Federal - U.S. Supreme Court
- Federal - 8th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - District of Minnesota
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Fund for the Legal Aid Society