Pete practices primarily in the areas of financial transactions and bank regulations. Prior to joining the firm, Pete was a senior transaction attorney at U.S. Bank National Association in Minneapolis. He has 20 years combined in-house banking experience through his work at U.S. Bank, Continental Bank (Chicago) and The Northern Trust Company (Chicago).
Pete has extensive experience in structuring, negotiating and documenting complex credit transactions. Representative types of transactions include:
- Syndicated loans to national credits, representing Administrative Agents.
- Specialty finance for mortgage banking (warehousing and servicing-secured).
- Asset-based finance.
- Interest rate swaps.
- Credit-enhancement and letters of credit.
- Real estate finance.
- Trade finance.
- Finance of individual investors/entrepreneurs.
Pete regularly advises clients on bank regulatory issues, restructuring, workout and exit strategies, equity investments, affiliate transactions, confidentiality and other topics.
While in law school, he was an editor of the Ohio State Law Journal. Pete is a frequent lecturer at legal seminars on banking and finance topics, most recently on electronic mortgages.
All Service Areas
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (1978)
- University of Rochester (1974)
- State - Minnesota
- Acted as agent's counsel on syndicated financing of businesses including manufacturing, agricultural, transportation, construction, distribution, retail and major league sports franchises.
- Acted as counsel for Mortgage Warehousing Financiers in over 100 single-lender and syndicated transactions.
- Acted as counsel for private client groups of several banks, involving lending and other transactions.
- Acted as counsel for issuers of letters of credit backing bond and note issuances and other types of credit enhancement (liquidity lines, standby bond purchase agreements).
- Acted as counsel on restructuring of single-bank and syndicated financing transactions.
- Helped establish procedures and policies for review of syndicated transactions (shared national credits and particularly REITS) in which client is a syndicate member but not the primary administrative agent; conducted and supervised review of several thousand transactions.
- Acted as Minnesota counsel for out-of-state mortgage lenders.