Paul represents private equity funds, high-growth companies, and closely-held and family-owned businesses in complex transactions involving mergers, acquisitions, and recapitalizations. In addition, Paul advises companies undertaking series seed financings, venture capital finance transactions, other strategic transactions, and general corporate matters.
Prior to attending law school, Paul worked as a senior associate in Big Four public accounting. Paul is a Certified Public Accountant.
All Service Areas
- Indiana University - Robert H. McKinney School of Law (2016)
Indiana Law Review, Associate Editor
- Indiana University Northwest (M.B.A.) (2009)
- Indiana University-Fort Wayne (2007)
- State - Indiana
- Federal - Northern District of Indiana
- Federal - Southern District of Indiana
- Represented private equity fund in connection with platform acquisition of a Canadian specialty translation business.
- Represented private equity fund in connection with platform acquisition of a provider of software and consulting solutions to regional banks, community banks and credit unions.
- Represented private equity fund in connection with platform acquisition of a leading provider of biologic products and GMP compliance assay development and testing services to the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Represented seller in divestiture and recapitalization of interests in numerous fitness studios to a private equity fund.
- Represented seller in divestiture and recapitalization of its consulting business to a private equity fund.
- Represented seller in prosthetics industry in its sale to a multinational supplier entering the U.S. market.
- Represented a cloud-based contracting platform in a Series A funding round
- Represented seller of multi-office optometry practice in add-on acquisition by private equity firm.
- Represented provider of SaaS-based online pre-employment assessments in a growth investment by a private equity firm.
- Counseled gig economy companies to meet commercial and regulatory requirements.
- Counseled transportation and logistics provider in successfully obtaining No Action Letter from U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Advised a premier private education and athletics training facility in structuring business operations to meet commercial needs and regulatory requirements during expansion of business segments.
- Represented manufacturer of storage products in its purchase of substantially all of the assets of a complementary business.
- Represented a wealth management firm pursuant to minority investment by a strategic investor.
- Represented a logistics company in its acquisition of certain assets from a complementary business.
- Represented seller of healthcare, technology, and related resource technology in the add-on acquisition by a multinational not-for-profit.
- Represented seller of conference and networking provider of special events in healthcare and finance in its sale to a leading competitor.
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
Member, Executive Committee, Business Law Section
- Indiana CPA Society
Past Member, Emerging Leadership Alliance (2012 - 2013)
- Association for Corporate Growth
Member, Indiana Chapter
- Indianapolis Chamber Orchestra
Member, Board of Directors