Maura assists clients in navigating state and government regulations as a government services coordinator in Taft’s Chicago office. She manages the entire spectrum of government contracting issues at every stage of the procurement process. Maura regularly assesses a client’s certification eligibility and advises on which governmental or private certifications are suitable. Her experience is heavily focused on certifications of minority, woman and other types of disadvantaged businesses.
- Completed the city of Chicago licensing process for a variety of businesses, including liquor licensing.
- Assisted a small business with a city of Chicago agency contract and ensured that the client was in compliance with all contract requirements.
- Audited a distribution company’s M/WBE compliance on city of Chicago contracts.
- Conducted a review of a construction company’s documentation related to specific construction projects for a response to a subpoena.
- Maintained corporate books and documentation for a wide variety of businesses located in several states.
- Assisted multiple companies with the M/W/DBE certification process, from the application process through all stages leading to certification.
- Handles the renewal process for M/W/DBE certifications for more than 50 small businesses.
All Service Areas