Clients describe Clifford Craig as a “low-key but firm and incredibly impressive lawyer.” Commentators praise his “articulate, passionate and diligent approach.”
(Client comments reported by Chambers USA: America's Leading Business Lawyers, 2006 Edition)
Cliff is past chair of Taft's Litigation department. His practice focuses on complex commercial and financial litigation of all varieties, with particular emphasis on federal and state securities litigation, including class actions, shareholder derivative actions and enforcement proceedings, as well as corporate takeover and M&A litigation on behalf of both target and acquiror companies.
Cliff is a fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, and has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White, Inc.) for a number of years, including the current edition and has been listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Business Lawyers. He has been named an Ohio Super Lawyer, a listing of the top five percent of Ohio attorneys by the publishers of Cincinnati Magazine and Law & Politics magazine. Cliff is a frequent lecturer on a variety of litigation related topics and has been a presenter at a number of national seminars on the topic of derivative financial instrument litigation.
He received his J.D. from Duke University Law School, where he served on the Duke Law Journal, and his undergraduate degree from Duke University.
Honoree, Business Litigation - Ohio Super Lawyers (2004-2016)
- Listed in Best Lawyers
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Business Lawyers
All Service Areas
- Duke University School of Law (1964)
- Duke University (1961)
- Federal - 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - Northern District of Ohio
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
- Federal - U.S. Supreme Court
- Federal - Federal Circuit Court of Appeals
- State - Ohio
- AV Peer Review Rating (LexisNexis/Martindale-Hubbell) (Awarded)
- American College of Trial Lawyers (Fellow)
- Cincinnati Bar Association (Member)
- Sixth Circuit Judicial Conference (Life Member)
- Cincinnati Riding for Handicapped, Inc. (Chairman, Board of Trustees)