Kira focuses her practice on general commercial transactions, specifically advising clients on commercial agreements and transactions in various industries. She assists private companies with their outside general counsel duties, including structuring commercial arrangements and providing general business advisory services. She has experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating various types of commercial agreements, including license agreements, SaaS agreements, supply agreements and distribution agreements.
Kira also has experience representing private companies and privacy equity sponsors in a variety of M&A transactions, including the negotiation and drafting of purchase and sale transaction documents. She also has represented clients with their commercial lending needs, including secured and unsecured financing transactions for borrowers, senior, mezzanine and subordinated debt transactions, acquisition financings, and loan restructurings.
Kira received her B.A. in psychology, with high distinction, from Indiana University Bloomington in 2012. She earned her J.D., cum laude, from the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law in 2015. While in law school, Kira served as an associate night justice of the 2014 Staton Intramural Moot Court Competition Board. Additionally, as a member of the school’s Dean’s Tutorial Society, she provided one-on-one tutoring for first year law students. Kira is a member of the Make-A-Wish® Indiana Young Professional Advisory Council (YPAC) and Forte, the young professionals group for the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra.
All Service Areas
- Indiana University - Robert H. McKinney School of Law (2015)
- Indiana University Bloomington (2012)
- Federal - Northern District of Indiana
- Federal - Southern District of Indiana
- State - Indiana
- Counsel to purchaser in connection with a private acquisition and financing of a leading manufacturer of cultured marble products.
- Counsel to private equity funds in connection with the lending for a platform acquisition of a leading Canadian supplier of high-value communication platforms.
- Counsel to private equity funds in connection with their divestiture of a Canadian portfolio company engaged in the distribution of pharmaceutical products and logistics support.
- Counsel to private equity funds in connection with a platform acquisition of a supplier of high-value M2M communication platforms.
- Counsel to seller in private acquisition of a leading provider of foreign-trade zone cost-benefit analyses.
- Counsel to private equity funds in connection with an add-on acquisition of a leading producer and distributor of calorie-free specialty food products.
- Counsel to seller in connection with private acquisition of a leading manufacturer and distributor of home safes and security products.
- Counsel to purchaser in connection with a private acquisition of a leading manufacturer of industrial plastic bottles and containers.
- Counsel to leading developer and manufacturer of cancer-detection medical devices in connection with $5 million credit facility.
- Counsel to private equity funds in connection with their divestiture of a portfolio company engaged in the health insurance industry.
- Counsel to leading oil and gas well desanding service provider in connection with private-equity led refinancing.
- Counsel to purchaser in connection with private acquisition of leading global manufacturer and distributor of rubber tires.
- Counsel to private equity funds in connection with an add-on acquisition of a leading developer of high value oxygen monitoring equipment.
- Counsel to leading distributor of contact lenses, optical products and pet medication products in connection with $4 million revolving loan, $13 million term loan and $1 million swingline.
- Counsel to private equity funds in connection with a platform acquisition of a top manufacturer and distributor of self-locking shopping cart wheels.
- Counsel to private equity funds in connection with their divestiture of a portfolio company engaged in the world-wide manufacture and distribution security and merchandising solutions and services relating to mobile devices.
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Make-A-Wish Foundation
Member, Young Professional Advisory Council
- Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra