Kevin represents publicly and privately held companies, mutual insurance companies and tax exempt organizations in matters involving corporate governance, mergers, acquisitions and affiliations, securities, capital raising and formation issues. Kevin provides counsel on issues including board governance and direction, investigations of defects in internal controls and disclosure controls, violations of law, breaches of fiduciary duties and illegal activities; public reporting and disclosure responsibilities of boards and executives; and director and officer insurance, indemnification and other protection against board and executive liability. He also assists clients with board evaluations, audits of governance practices, strategic planning and board training.
In addition, Kevin represents companies in various industries, on both the buyer and seller side. He has represented mutual insurance companies and tax-exempt entities in non-merger affiliations and regulatory issues associated with such transactions and has provided counsel to businesses regarding private equity and debt financing. He also represents equity funds in their acquisition and investment transactions.
Kevin is a frequent speaker in Ohio and nationally on corporate governance topics and has authored articles on corporate governance for Acredula, Nonprofit Advocate, Business First, The Corporate Board, Midwest In-House, LexisNexis Corporate Governance Report and Law360. He is a faculty member of the National Association of Mutual Insurance Company's (NAMIC) Directors' Boot Camp 2.0 education program.
Kevin earned his J.D., cum laude and Order of the Curia, from Capital University Law School and received his B.S. in finance from Indiana University.
Kevin has been recognized as an Ohio Super Lawyer 2017-2018 in business and corporate areas of law. He is honored by Best Lawyers in America for Corporate Law in 2017-2018.
All Service Areas
- Capital University School of Law (2000)
- Indiana University (1997)
- State - Ohio
- Federal - Northern District of Ohio
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
- Federal - U.S. Supreme Court
- American Bar Association Member
- Columbus Bar Association Member, Supreme Court Admissions Committee 2006-present
- Columbus Business First Forty Under 40 Honoree 2014
- National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (NAMIC) Service Award 2015
- Friends of Genoa Township Founding Board Member 2014 - 2016
- St. Stephen's Community House Board Member 2014 - 2016