Kathy manages the business development and marketing efforts of the Cleveland office, a group of 55 attorneys. She also oversees the business development and marketing efforts for the Real Estate, Tax and Private Client/Domestic Relations practice groups across the firm's ten offices. From 2008-2015, she advanced the initiatives of the firm's Litigation group, including launching the Privacy and Data Security group.
In addition to her practice group responsibilities, Kathy is a member of the firm's Diversity and Inclusion Committee, and manages its initiatives, working closely with the Chief Diversity Officer and the committee members.
Through a highly collaborative approach, Kathy’s responsibilities include:
- Identifying and implementing strategic business development initiatives to support the brand positioning of Taft's Cleveland office and multiple practice groups.
- Managing activities related to new business opportunities, sponsorships, public relations, media contacts, and budgets for practice groups across Taft's footprint.
- Writing and developing customized responses to RFPs.
- Transforming complex legal issues into pitch materials and seminar presentations that help the firm to win business.
- Strategizing personal business plans and prospect approaches with partners and associates.
Joining Taft in 2008, Kathy brings decades of service sector relationship-oriented industry experience to the firm. She served as vice president of marketing in the commercial and retail banking industry and was a marketing director for the supply chain practice of a Big Four accounting firm. Additionally, she served as a marketing and creative director at an international Fortune 500 logistics company.
- B.F.A., magna cum laude, The University of Akron
- Greater Cleveland Partnership Member
- Lorain County Manufacturing Council
- Sheffield/Sheffield Lake School System Founder, Frances Dougherty Wilhelm Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Women’s Leadership Council of Greater Cleveland Member
- BAYarts Member