Josh’s practice focuses on representation of entrepreneurs and venture-backed companies on all aspects of business formation, fundraising, equity incentive planning, commercial contracts, mergers and acquisitions and other matters related to driving growth and profitability with respect to early-stage startups and emerging growth companies. Josh also has experience advising on blockchain technology and fundraising through Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs).
Prior to attending law school, he serviced more than 2,000 clients as a sales and leasing consultant for Ohio’s most prestigious luxury brand automotive company headquartered in Greater Cleveland.
Josh earned his J.D. from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, graduating magna cum laude, and was awarded the William K. Gardner Award for Civil Procedure and the Donald P. Mull Scholarship for Academic Excellence. While in law school, Josh provided litigation support as a law clerk for a prominent insurance defense firm in Cleveland. Josh received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Miami University, where he majored in Political Science with a minor in Business Legal Studies.
All Service Areas
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law (2016)
- Miami University (2014)
- University School - Cleveland (2010)
- State - Ohio
- Representation of an innovative technology company developing radar-based autonomous driving systems to facilitate trucking operations in a Series Seed venture capital financing.
- Representation of a software technology company providing custom chronic care management platforms for health and wellness organizations in a Series Seed venture capital financing.
- Representation of an emerging medical device company in a Series Seed venture capital financing.
- Representation of a professional networking software company in a Series Seed venture capital financing.
- Representation of a Software as a Service (SAAS) company providing HR solutions and related services in Series Seed and Series A venture capital financings.
- Representation of a mobile cloud-data storage optimization company in a Series Seed venture capital financing.
- Representation of a number of high-level executives in connection with corporate engagement and equity compensation negotiations.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Representation of one of the largest suppliers of retail display security products in the U.S. in a buy-side acquisition of a global competitor.
- Representation of a leading pneumatic material handling manufacturer in a sell-side acquisition by a national private equity firm.
- Representation of a software technology company in connection with a token sale effectuated through a Simple Agreement for Future Tokens (SAFT).
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- B'nai Jeshurun
- Beechmont Country Club