Jessica's practice is focused in the family law area. She routinely represents clients in all aspects of domestic relations litigation, including complex divorce with an emphasis in child custody matters, establishment and enforcement of child and spousal support, establishment of paternity and general civil litigation.
Jessica is recognized by her peers for excellence as a Rising Star in the family law practice by Ohio Super Lawyers. In addition to Ohio, she is also licensed to practice in Federal Court in the Southern District of California. Jessica was appointed to Taft's Gender Advancement Committee in 2017 and is active in the office's Support Her Endeavors campaign. Jessica is AV Preeminent Peer Review rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Other Professional Experience
- Attorney, Nazimova & Davis, San Diego, California, 2002 – 2005
- Capital University Law School, Columbus, Ohio
- Host Committee Member, National Center for Adoption Law & Policy, Autumn Wine Celebration, 2007 – 2012
- Staff Attorney, Child and Family Advocacy Program, funded by the Columbus Coalition Against Family Violence, 2001 – 2002
- Child Welfare Caseworker, Intake and Investigations, Franklin County Children Services, Columbus, Ohio, 1996-2001
Honoree, Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2007, 2009 - 2013)
Young Alumnus of the Year Honoree, Capital University Law School (2007)
AV Peer Review Rated (Preeminent), LexisNexis/Martindale-Hubbell
Honoree, Columbus CEO Top Lawyers, Private Client (2019)
All Service Areas
- Capital University School of Law (2001)
- Bowling Green State University, B.S. in Criminal Justice (1996)
- Federal - U.S. Supreme Court
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
- State - Ohio
- State - California
- Federal - Southern District of California
- Successfully represented the Harvest Wind HOA in a zoning appeal before the Genoa Township Board of Zoning.
- Represented national business owner in divorce with significant separate property assets as well as joint marital assets.
- Represented parent in regaining custody of a child from an Emergency Ex Parte Custody Order.
- Represented a client’s former spouse in child support modification through trial, objections through final judgment.
- Represented small business owner in contested divorce and in contingency litigation initiated by lending institution for recovery of deficiency judgment against parties of divorce.
- Represented never married parents in establishment of shared parenting plan for child of the parties.
Speeches and Publications
- Presenter and Coordinator: Columbus Bar Association CLE seminar, “It’s All About the Relocation: Attorney, GAL, and Judicial Roles," Nov. 4, 2016
- Presenter: Columbus Bar Association CLE seminar, "Family Law and the Military Child: Divorce, Custody and Visitation Issues," Nov. 11, 2015
- Actor in Training Materials: Chester Professionalism Institute, “Dealing with Problem Clients, Counsel & Judges: A Practical and Ethical Approach to Litigation,” Oct. 30, 2015
- Presenter and Coordinator: Columbus Bar Association CLE Seminar, "What Makes a Guardian Ad Litem Tick?" May 13, 2015
- Author: “Fear of Financial Hardship: How the Economy Impacts Divorce,” CWS Newsletter, Vol. 2, 2009. Also published in Columbus CEO, July 2009
- “Social Security Benefits Clarified by the Supreme Court,” co-authored with Eugene B. Lewis, Columbus Bar Briefs, Spring 2005
- AV Peer Review Rating (LexisNexis/Martindale-Hubbell)
- Women Lawyers of Franklin County
- Columbus Bar Association
Member, Judicial Screening Committee
Member, Admissions Committee
Member, Family Law Committee
Member, Barrister Leadership Program
Member, Pro Bono Task Force
Team Captain, Rock-N-Bowl, Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP (fifth year)
Member, 2019 Nominations Committee
- Delaware County Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Foundation
"All in One Campaign" in support of the Legal Aid Society of Columbus
- Alcott Elementary PTA
Member, Cultural Inclusion & Awareness Board
- American Red Cross
- Delaware County Humane Society
- Pro Bono Attorney - Franklin County
- St. Paul Catholic Church
Member, Building Fund
Fourth Grade and Sixth Grade Catechist
- The Goddard School
- Westerville Amateur Soccer Association
Head Girls Soccer Coach
- CHOICES for Domestic Violence
Sponsor, Peacemaker Awards Luncheon
- Girls on the Run Coach
- Legal Aid Tenant Advocacy Project Volunteer
- Nationwide Children's Hospital Columbus 1/2 Marathon 2019
- Genoa Middle School Glow Run 2020
Participant and volunteer