Jen partners with clients to deliver practical, proactive solutions. She practices primarily in the areas of:
- Corporate governance.
- Equity plans and awards.
- Public company disclosure.
- Securities law aspects of employee benefits and executive compensation.
- Corporate finance.
- Private placements.
- Business law.
Jen was an associate at the firm from 2007-2013. She then joined an in-house legal team at a public company, where she focused on securities and compliance work before returning to the firm in 2019. Prior to attending law school, Jen worked in the nonprofit sector and as a senior writer and editor for a financial information company.
In addition to teaching business law as an adjunct/affiliated professor at Mitchell Hamline School of Law, she is also the founder and president of JD Navigator, a tech-ed startup that helps lawyers, law students, and prospective law students chart their course through law school and a rewarding legal career. Jen is an active panelist and lecturer. She most recently created a CLE called “The Corporate Secretary: Introduction to Corporate Governance” for CLE Connection. She has also presented on shareholder activism, legal career choices, and insider trading policies to various audiences.
Jen graduated summa cum laude from Hamline University School of Law in 2007 and was valedictorian of her class. She subsequently earned a mini-MBA for Lawyers from the Association of Corporate Counsel and Boston University. She earned her bachelor’s degree from St. Olaf College.
Recipient, Alumni Award, Mitchell Hamline School of Law (2017)
All Service Areas
- Hamline University School of Law (2007)
summa cum laude
- St. Olaf College
Phi Beta Kappa
- State - Minnesota
- Representation of the owner of multiple salon chains in the negotiation and execution of sale and re-franchise of its premium brands across four countries.
- Representation of clients responding to inquiries from the SEC, NASDAQ, NYSE and IRS.
- Representation of a premium coffee company in its negotiation of a merger agreement and its response to a tender offer, a transaction valued at $340 million.
- Representation of an NYSE-listed bottling company, including $1.4 billion of registered debt issuances, 10b5-1 repurchase plans, adoption of a majority voting policy and a $7.8 billion merger and go-private transaction.
- Representation of a publicly-held thrift holding company in its response to a proxy contest by one of its institutional shareholders.
- Representation of a marketing technologies company in securities offerings.
- Representation of a publicly-held airline in a secondary offering and ongoing securities disclosure.
- Representation of a medical device company, including PIPE transactions, a debt conversion, and other equity financings.
- Representation of a microbrewery in its public disclosures, SEC filings, and go-dark transaction.
- Society for Corporate Governance (Twin Cities Chapter)
President and Officer (2013-2019)
- Angelica Cantanti Youth Choirs
Board Member (2017-present)
- Dress for Success
Twin Cities Chapter, Finance Committee Member (2017-present)
- Hamline University School of Law and Mitchell Hamline School of Law Alumni Board
President, Co-President and Member (2009-2016)
- Mitchell Hamline School of Law
Member, Board of Trustees (2015-2016)